Pool Timers / Water Analysis

May 29, 2013
First of all let me say thank you for the all the help. I will be closing on my first pool next week and I have been out to check on the water etc. I have determined that I need a new timer the current one has a piece of a branch jimmied in to hold it in hold it in place. Should I get old style mechanical type or a newer digital version?
I just end ordered the TFT 100 and hope to have it by move in next week.
I did take two samples today and took them to two different pool stores for testing.
Leslie's Patio Pools
FC 4 10
Tot Cl. 4 10
Ph. 7.2. 7.4
TA. 120 85
CH. 425 389
CYA. 150 151
Pho. 500. N/a
TDS. 1400 1300
The goal is to be able to take a dip during moving. I am planning on switching to liquid Cl as soon as I get the keys. Any suggestions on what I need to do to be able to make it safe to swim would be very much appreciated. I was planning on just draing pool and starting fresh but with 40k gallons it will cost quite a bit to refill. I need to remove a huge build up of calcium and figured I would drain the pool during the winter when it is not 107 but. If nyone has any suggestions on how to remove the calcium other than draining and sand blasting I would love to hear those. I have been read all the threads and will continue with my education on pools. It really is such a wealth on information. Thanks again.

Well some of those match and others clearly do not.

How does the water look? If clear and if the CYA is to be believed, if you keep the Fc about 10ppm, it is "safe".

But very quickly you are going to have to replace about 2/3 of the water to get that CYA down to the recommended levels so the pool is easier to manage.

Where are you located? The other option is Reverse Osmosis which would not require draining and would lower the CYA and CH levels ... but will not immediately help with the calcium scaling.

If you have read very much on this forum, you should not be surprised.

Usually the test pool stores use max out at a FC of 5ppm anyway.

I think we may have a company that will do the RO treatment, I know Phoenix has a few.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.