HELP PLEASE!! Edit: Pump Sucking Air!

Re: HELP PLEASE!!

Dang, sorry to hear the weather isn't helping. I know it stinks, but you're doing the right things getting the stuff out and hammering on with the shock. If you ordered from Dave, your juice will arrive soon.

I think through the power of bleach and my standing out there stareing at it using sheer will and mean faces at it.....it's starting to clear....I think. Going back out side to resume sheer will and mean faces.

Well.........something is still up. I have been checking the FC 2-3 times a day and bringing it back up to 13 FC. Vaccing 3 times a week but getting next to nothing out, I mean 3 leaves. Brushing the walls and floor. The filter pressure never seems to change (I clean it here and there anyway but it holds steady around 12-13 PSI and there is no visual change in the water since my last post.

What am I doing wrong here? Is it actually algae? I would keep on keeping on if the filter pressure was rising or seeing some sort of visual difference, because that would mean the filter is removing the dead stuff, but the PSI only goes up when I hook up the vac, so I know the guage works, but it drops right back down to 12-13 when I am not vacuuming.

Should I try some clarifier?

Burnsy said:
Pic for fun.

maGm1T2.jpg

I hasn't changed since this post.

Just tested again.

FC: 10 (bumping to 13 again right now)
CC: 1.5
CYA: tested twice yesterday, once by me, once by my wife in full sunlight with backs to the sun, both came out 30.

No I never have, this is my 2nd openeing with the pool (with a year of not using it between the first opening and now). The first time I opened it I just used bleach and it cleared up with improvements every day and was clear by now.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

You are still killing something. I suggest bumping the shock level to 15.

The filter pressure never seems to change (I clean it here and there anyway but it holds steady around 12-13 PSI and there is no visual change in the water since my last post.
Are you sure the gauge is working? When you turn off the pump, does the gauge drop to zero?

Or the electricity cost to run my pump and the hit on my well to refill 13500 gallons of water.

Have you had the well water tested for metals? I suggest you take a sample to the pool store and have it checked.

If metals are present we have suggested sequesterants.

You might also want to open your filter and have a look see. Is it possible there is a tear or something in there allowing 'stuff' to come back into the pool?

I have not tested for metals, it is the same source that I used the first year but obviously more and more of it have been added. Perhaps I should have it tested. The filter was purchased new half way through the first season, it's in really good shape.

Burnsy,

You have a ton of contaminants (organics) in that pool. I do not think it is metals.

The continued presence of CC's over 1.0 tells us you are still oxidizing organics in the pool. It looks a bit clearer to me than before.

Regardless, of the look or how much chlorine you have used, you must continue to use more. Chlorine is consumed ONLY by two things...sunlight on your pool and organics in your pool. Since you are losing a lot of FC overnight, the inescapable conclusion is you have a boatload of organics to kill off.

Assuming that some of it is ammonia, that would explain why your filter is not capturing debris....;there is no debris when you oxidize ammonia (to my knowledge)

I like Butterfly's idea of elevating your shock to 15. Stay the course. Backwash at 25-30% increase not sooner. Brush fairly often.

Keep adding chlorine. Keep adding chlorine. Keep adding chlorine. Your pool will clear.....I'm sorry it is taking so long but you had a bunch of "gunk" in there.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.