HELP PLEASE!! Edit: Pump Sucking Air!

Re: HELP PLEASE!!

The breakdown products of CYA by bacteria will not cloud the pool. Ammonia, monochloramine, partially oxidized CYA, etc. do not cloud the pool as these chemicals are all fully dissolved (soluble) in water. Large amounts of bacteria or algae can cloud the pool. Chlorine will kill them and will oxidize chlorophyll in algae so it turns from green to grey/white, but it does not remove them completely since it does not oxidize algal cell walls (or most of bacterial cell walls), for example. Good circulation and filtration will clear the pool.

Are you sure you have valves set properly to be filtering (with a cartridge filter you might not have any such valves)? Are you filtering 24/7 to make it go faster? Are you brushing to stir up particles to get them into the filter? With an above-ground pool I suspect you have no floor drain and may have terrible bottom circulation so brushing to stir things up to the skimmer is essential. Pointing a return diagonally downwards can help create a swirling motion to stir up debris. Are you sure you don't have tears in your cartridge filter?

Re: HELP PLEASE!!

4:32pm

FC = 13

bumped to 15 again.

Edit:

5:39pm

FC=12.5

Bumped to 15

6:42

FC = 15

Nothing to do

8pm

FC = 15 nothing to do

I think I have a leak underground in my bottom drain, I turned it off, water level seems to drop pretty fast when I use it :(.

Re: HELP PLEASE!! Edit: Pump Sucking Air !

Ok new problem. My pump was sucking air when I woke up this morning, I filled it up with the hose to half way up the skimmer, I thought the problem was the bottom drain so I turned it off and just ran the skimmer. It's 12:11, I just found the pump sucking air again and the return stream is full of bubbles. I am shutting the pump off before I do damage to it, please advise.

Edit it's june 24th, I may just give up on the pool for this summer and take my boat out. :(

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.