Stuck filter housing, Hayward Swim Pro Voyager SW1000Z4

Jun 9, 2013
I have a Hayward Swim Pro Voyager SW1000Z4 cartridge filter system. I'm getting very little pressure and am trying to remove the fliter housing to get to the cartridge so I can clean or replace it, but can't get the housing off. I finally got the housing to turn past the handle locks and turned about a quarter of the way. It won't move further, and I can't get the housing to come off. Anyone have any suggestions/tips? I've been looking online for info on this particular model and can't find anything helpful. Also, the pressure gauge doesn't seem to work. As you can see from the 2nd picture, I have it disconnected from the pool and it still reads 14 PSI.

The system seemed to be running fine until I had to vacuum a lot of debris off the bottom of the pool. Every once in a while I had to empty the skimmer basket at the pump which is why I'm thinking it was working OK until recently because the filter is now most likely badly in need of a cleaning.

Any help is appreciated! Thank you![attachment=1:pll6is92]SPVF.gif[/attachment:pll6is92]

Attachments

• SPVF.gif
    SPVF.gif
    44.9 KB · Views: 28
  • SPVF2.gif
    SPVF2.gif
    92.7 KB · Views: 26
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.