bridge rectifiers

bucadam

Bronze Supporter
Jun 8, 2013
Bel Air Maryland
where are the bridge rectifiers located on a aqua rite swg board.I cannot seem to figure out why I keep blowing fuses immediately after installing it.No board damage,replaced fuse holder,the cell and the flow switch are not hooked up.

bucadam said:
where are the bridge rectifiers located on a aqua rite swg board.I cannot seem to figure out why I keep blowing fuses immediately after installing it.No board damage,replaced fuse holder,the cell and the flow switch are not hooked up.

From an electronics POV electrical circuits can short if components are missing (usually you just get an open). If you do not have all the components connected there could be an incomplete, or worse, bad circuit. This could be the cause of your issue. If not, is the unit under warranty? If so STOP IMMEDIATELY and return the unit before you void the warranty. If not, then I would call Aqua Rite or check their website for your model and see if they offer an electrical schematic of your unit. If that fails, then do a general search on the Internet using a well known search engine like Bing or Google. Without a schematic or extensive knowledge of electrical components and board level repair, you are bound to make it worse. Many boards have layers that are not visible to us and are really not user serviceable. These boards are what ended most component level repair.

******Check this first*****
One last note: I believe that SWG's are polarity sensitive and if that gets reversed it could cause a circuit malfunction which would trigger your fuse. Check this first!!!

I hope this helps. Please understand this is not an exhaustive list, just my initial reaction from an electrical perspective.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.