What does the term "interlock" mean in reference to pools?

Dec 7, 2012
I have a salt water pool that is controlled by an Aqualogic control system. I got the " no cell power" message on my panel and did every thing I could to correct it. I followed all of the instructions on the no cell power website and ended up just getting a new board. Once the pool guy installed my new board, some of my pool settings changed and I have had to go back correct things. I have everything back to normal now except when I try to turn on the lights inside the pool, i get a message that says " interlock prevents turn on." Can someone tell me what I need to do to correct this.

Re: What does the term "interlock" mean in reference to pool

Welcome to TFP :wave:

Interlock in this context refers to a setting that overrides a default setting or a setting that requires one or more conditions to be satisfied before a function operates. In most cases, this is a configurable setting. If so, there should be instructions in your operating manual to deactivate the interlock.

Reactions: EvB3
Re: What does the term "interlock" mean in reference to pool

Interlock can also occur at pump start up. This prevents valves from turning on that might interfere with priming (e.g. cleaner or solar valve) but it should go away in a few minutes.

Which controller do you have and which valve are you trying to turn on?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.