New to TFP

May 23, 2013
Hello all,
I am new to the site. I will update my signature with my pool specifics. I am converting to a SWG Aqua Rite XL. I also have an Del Ozone Eclipse 2 ozone generator installed. Anyone have any experience with this setup? I just bought the house. I Live in Houston. Also, any special setup when converting to salt, besides adding salt. BTW I have learned a lot so far from pool school!! This site is Great!!!! Thanks!

Welcome to tfp, Scoggdeisl :wave:

Scoggdeisl said:
I am converting to a SWG Aqua Rite XL. I also have an Del Ozone Eclipse 2 ozone generator installed.
Are you getting rid of the ozone or keeping it? That is kind of a leading question, since ozone is not needed in a typical outdoor residential pool.

Scoggdeisl said:
Also, any special setup when converting to salt, besides adding salt.
If you haven't already read it, here is the pool school article: http://www.troublefreepool.com/pool-school/water_balance_saltwater_generator. For salt just get the "solar salt" crystals. Put them in the pool and make sure all of it is disolved and mixed in for a few hours before starting up the swg.

Scoggdeisl said:
I planned on keeping the ozone generator. The pool guy that takes care of my neighbors salt water pool said they would work great together.
Again, not needed with the swg (or at all for that matter). If you do decide to keep it, still follow the recommended swg FC level for your cya level (poolcalculator.com will give you this level), and don't be tempted to let it run lower. The ozone can destroy chlorine and make the swg need to run more.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.