Texas AGP (Intex) - Will update

Re: Texas AGP (Intex) - Will update

Added the PVC and Hayward Skimmer. Nothing to it...

e8yruhun.jpg

I didn't cut the gasket in two, I kept it whole by mounting it and the skimmer on the outside (obviously) and the plate in the pool, cutting the liner, then taking it apart, placing gasket properly, and screwing it all back together.
equ3e8at.jpg

4aqyzy2u.jpg

e3u8y9a5.jpg

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

Me too!!! Leaking is NO FUN!!! I know!!

We'll see tonight I guess when I get off. Gotta top it off and SLAM. My water stayed covered and clear all winter, then the other day the cover blew off. Cable snapped. DERP! :eek:

It kinda forced my hand as I had intended to hard pipe and open this coming weekend....

Wow it looks great... :) You decided to stick with the plunger valves? That will be the first thing I get rid of when I set my pool up.... I have my pool in my garage still in box but I pulled out all the plumbing, and yeah, I just don't like them...

Wow it looks great... :) You decided to stick with the plunger valves? That will be the first thing I get rid of when I set my pool up.... I have my pool in my garage still in box but I pulled out all the plumbing, and yeah, I just don't like them...

I haven't had any problem with the valves and can't imagine seeing a "huge" difference in flow changing them out.

In an effort to save a few bucks and to satisfy my curiosity about constructing an adapter to reuse them, I left them for now. An easy swap if I change my mind. :D

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

The through wall skimmer is going to offer so much more skimming action and make sweeping easy peasy! :goodjob: The hard plumbing is so nice and neat!

The through wall skimmer is going to offer so much more skimming action and make sweeping easy peasy! :goodjob: The hard plumbing is so nice and neat!

Thanks! Yeah, the skimmer is great. Definitely makes a difference. Pool is staying cleaner. Gotta pool party for the little one's birthday next weekend, I want it crystal clear by then. Almost there...

The hard plumbing is a great mod as well. I did it mainly because I plan to build a deck around part of the pool and that's the side it needs to be built. I figured the PVC will be maintenance free once the deck is above it. So yeah, that's next in the list. :p

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Hi, I'm a new member with the 22'x54" Intex Ultra Frame. Just received shipment of the Hayward SP1091LX skimmer and the Intex 2650 GPH Saltwater System & Sand Filter Pump Set yesterday. I'd had my pool up and running for two weeks before deciding I'm not paying another dime for filter cartridges and trying to keep this pool cleaner without a real skimmer sucks.

So, I have a couple questions regarding your project.

1) Why did you install the Hayward skimmer where you did and thus have two outlets from the pool to the pump?

I'd thought about putting my skimmer where the factory return (i.e., upper hole) goes back into the pool and use the original (i.e., lower hole) outlet as the new water return. Is there an advantage to placing it where yours is located?

2) Did you use any kind of gasket between the 1-1/2" 40 PVC Adaptor and the Intex fittings?

3) I'm skittish about placing my skimmer as high as you did. No problems, leaks, etc with placing it up into the gray part of the liner? Looks like there a sewn seam where the gray area starts.

Thanks for posting this thread and all the photos.

Hi, I'm a new member with the 22'x54" Intex Ultra Frame. Just received shipment of the Hayward SP1091LX skimmer and the Intex 2650 GPH Saltwater System & Sand Filter Pump Set yesterday. I'd had my pool up and running for two weeks before deciding I'm not paying another dime for filter cartridges and trying to keep this pool cleaner without a real skimmer sucks.

So, I have a couple questions regarding your project.

1) Why did you install the Hayward skimmer where you did and thus have two outlets from the pool to the pump?

I'd thought about putting my skimmer where the factory return (i.e., upper hole) goes back into the pool and use the original (i.e., lower hole) outlet as the new water return. Is there an advantage to placing it where yours is located?

2) Did you use any kind of gasket between the 1-1/2" 40 PVC Adaptor and the Intex fittings?

3) I'm skittish about placing my skimmer as high as you did. No problems, leaks, etc with placing it up into the gray part of the liner? Looks like there a sewn seam where the gray area starts.

Thanks for posting this thread and all the photos.

In regard to your first question, there was really no rationale behind why I placed the skimmer there, other than that's how I had seen a few others done and I didn't want to lose water depth. The original intake is usually left closed by the valve now. The height at which I did it is no issue, no leaks whatsoever.

Not sure I completely understand the second question but the only gaskets I used were the ones that came with the original valves, that were between the valve and the intake/return holes. They aren't flat because of the ridge they sit in on the OEM valves, but they worked so I didn't bother looking for something different.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.