Hayward Swim Pure

Nedd

May 6, 2013
I have had the Hayward Swim Pure SWG since last year and it worked fine. This season, once the water warmed and we turned it back on, we have had nothing but problems...the check salt and check cell lights are continuously flashing. We brought our cell in and had it checked, Leslies pool said it was ok. We had our salt checked, it was low so we added salt. Put all back together, same result, check salt, check cell. The pool supply sent out a tech and they replaced the electrical unit complete with a new one, something was burned out. Still getting the check lights so they suggested we replace the flow sensor, so we did that, same thing, check salt, check cell. The only thing I can figure is he cell is bad? Has anyone had problems with this system?

We really need some numbers to go by before giving you any definitive answer. The cell can cause the salt reading to drop if it goes bad, but the pool store test and your salt system will always be different. The method that your system uses is different than what the pool store uses.

On those units, I like to get the salt into the 3000-3500 range on a calibrated meter before I make any decision on what to do.

I'd also recommend a different service station if they have someone out replacing a flow sensor for check salt/check cell lights. Thats like getting a knee replacement when you need rotator cuff surgery.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.