Middle Tennessee
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
Over the last few days, something started showing up on bottom of pool. We are in high pollen season and this may be what it is but I suppose being a new pool owner, I needed some confirmation.

Yesterday:

FC 4.5
CC 0
TA 80
pH 7.5
CH 110
CYA 50 (have been bringing this up slowly)

This is what I have done so far:

I did an OCLT (at least I hope I did it correctly) and this morning the FC was still at 4.5. I did disable the SWG so it wasn't producing any chlorine overnight.
Turned up the RPM on the pump to see if this would help with the cloudy water and it did a bit but water still not as clear as it was before this stuff showed up.
Vacuumed every evening but before I am finished, there is a bit more on the steps.
Backwashed at least once.
Put a sock over a return to see if something was coming out of filter.
Kept waterfall off in case it was coming through it.
I did "capture" some of this stuff and put it in a jar for 24 hours and it just sat on the bottom, just like the pool.

I don't think it is organic and if it is just pollen, OK. I can live with that even thought it is a bit of a pain to try to keep pool clean. If it is indeed pollen/dirt is vacumming really the only way to deal with it. Right now I just have a pressure side cleaner and it really doesn't help on this stuff. It's great on salamander's, though. :)

All was well until last week and we have had pollen for the last couple of weeks.

I appreciate any help in solving my puzzle.

Attachments

• Pool sediment.jpg
    Pool sediment.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 79
Common to have pollen in the pool this time of year. One way to tell is if it is on the sides of the pool or not. If it sticks to the sides of the pool under water, it's likely algae. If it's on the bottom only, more likely that it is pollen.

257WbyMag said:
Common to have pollen in the pool this time of year. One way to tell is if it is on the sides of the pool or not. If it sticks to the sides of the pool under water, it's likely algae. If it's on the bottom only, more likely that it is pollen.

Not slimy. It is not on straight sides of wall but it does settle a bit on the part that slants toward the bottom in the deep end.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.