Concrete Infinity basin water proofing?

Jan 2, 2012
Infinity basin water proofing:
I need a little push in the right direction to choose a water proofing method for reservoir basin.The edge basin is concrete only and really needs to be finished.

Background:
After being frustrated with last water bill I shutoff my auto fill to find the culprit leak.
I shutoff the edge pump and began to watch water levels.
With The main pool level staying where I expected over the next couple days I moved to the basin where I suspected the leak.
Letting the leak settle to the level right where the auto fill pipe extends in basin for the auto fill. Faulty Caulking exist here as well.
I drained and cleaned Infinity Edge basin. This basin is approx 32x4x4. or 3500 gal
The edge basin is concrete only and really needs to be finished.
I have already grinded out and patched my first crack at the basin fill point. I have used drylock hydraulic cement to patch this.
Then I went on to inspect the rest of basin. There is no wonder in my mind why I am loosing so much water.
I have found 4 more cracks in front basin wall, pitting of concrete, and even a gap in the corner with membrane showing.

I can mend the cracks and gaps with more hydraulic cement, but where I'm having a difficult time is choosing how/what product to use to waterproof after that? I will most likely do this myself but am open to any positive experiences or feedback.
Thanks!

Attachments

• 2013-04-16 19.56.41 (Small).jpg
    2013-04-16 19.56.41 (Small).jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 54
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.