Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Water still a bit cloudy......

1. Back To Top    #1

Water still a bit cloudy......

Currently shocking from opening the pool last Tuesday.....the water is clearing up, but its still a bit cloudy. Only reason I'm asking is because the chemistry seems just about perfect. Maybe I just need to be more patient and wait for the water to clear up on its own?

Test results:

FC - 9.5
    pH - 7.4
    CC - 0
    CYA - 20
    Calcium - 100 (its a vinyl inground pool, so doesnt really matter)

Filter running 24/7....we've gotten plenty of rain but Ive kept up with keeping the FC at around 10. Like I said its slowly clearing up, maybe I just need to wait a little longer. Some dead stuff on the floor of the pool, Ive done one long vac to waste, which got most of it......waiting for better weather to do a second to clear the rest.

Thanks.

-Chris
    22K IG vinyl, .5HP Northstar pump, S244T filter, AutoPilot Digital w/SC-48 cell

2. Back To Top    #2
    Once the algae is dead it can still take the filter up to a week to clear the water. You should see a visible improvement each day.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

It actually took my pool around two weeks after killing all of the algae to clear up. Patience is best. Brush and vacuum daily until you are confident that there is nothing left to vacuum, then brush until you quit stirring stuff up when you do. The filter just has to turn the water over until it is clear.
    steve

Above Ground / 18' Round / Vinyl Liner / Sand Filter / 100K Gas Heater / Salt Added / No Nature2

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks for the replies. Like I tell my wife "Im not a doctor, I dont have any patience"

Ill wait it out.

Also anxious to do the borate thing.....Ive had family tell me their 30 yr old pools have never looked as nice as mine, I cant wait to make it even better with borates!

Does that make it a BBBB process?

5. Back To Top    #5
    Borax is already one of the Bs, although that is for its ability to raise PH.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by JasonLion
    Borax is already one of the Bs, although that is for its ability to raise PH.
    Yeah, so I wonder if it should be in there twice.