Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Recommendations for Plaster Crew in Louisiana?

1. Back To Top    #1

Recommendations for Plaster Crew in Louisiana?

Can anyone recommend a plaster crew in Louisiana for owner/builder pool/spa job. Pool is 18x38 rectangular w/ spa. Located about 2 hours from New Orleans. Thanks in advance.

2. Back To Top    #2

matt88,

Where are you at and what is your timeline? I'm in the Lafayette area and will be plastering sometime in June (hopefully) I have a line on two different crews, but I'm at work and don't have the contact info with me right now. I won't be home for another week or two...

Jim
    Fortune favors the well prepared

The build...
    viewtopic.php?t=3974
    Freeform 24' x 38' IG gunite. 3 1/2' to 8' deep. 28,500 gallons. AutoPilot Total Control SWCG. Pentair Intelliflo VF. Pentair CCP520 cartridge filter. Colorlogic LED lights. Tahoe Blue Diamond Brite. 1200 sq ft stamped concrete deck.
    More details as they happen...

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Recommendations for Plaster Crew in Louisiana?

Hello. I am new to TFP. Well, I am new to posting. I am a stalker of TFP. Learning lots, just my first time to post. My question is this. I am an owner/builder. I am in the process of building my 18 x 36 IG gunite pool. It has been 5 weeks since the dig. All going as well as can be expected with the weather. I had my last step (Diamond Brite plaster) scheduled for 2 days ago, and my man didn't show. He won't answer my calls and won't return messages!!!!!!!!!
    So, now I am at a loss. I don't know what to do. I'm sure I can't call the PBs that I got estimates from. They aren't going to open their little book for me and give me any names. So, I ask, humbly for any and all help you all can give me. Thank you in advance.
    Katrina

I'm sorry, I should have included that I am located in Natchitoches, Louisiana.
    Dave
    Yakima, WA (the Palm Springs of Washington!)
    IG kidney 14k gal, 33 x 18
    vinyl liner
    200 lb Sand filter
    3/4 HP pump
    First time pool owner

4. Back To Top    #4

Open up the phone book and look for Plastering contractors. You can also call concrete pumping places and they may be able to give you a few numbers to call.

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks for the help. Of course, there are no contractors like that here in central LA, the closest being in Baton Rouge. I found someone who knows someone. Thank you to everyone for your advice. We really appreciate the site!!
    K
    Dave
    Yakima, WA (the Palm Springs of Washington!)
    IG kidney 14k gal, 33 x 18
    vinyl liner
    200 lb Sand filter
    3/4 HP pump
    First time pool owner

6. Back To Top    #6

Familiar Louisiana owner/builder tales. When you find yourself frustrated with the bumps in the road on a project like this, you should grab yourself a couple of your favorite beverages and read the epic tale of Lershac's pool build. new-build-in-red-stick-pic-heavy-3-25-update-t31828.html (It starts getting *REAL* interesting on page 11)

Heck, maybe it should be required reading BEFORE starting a build in Louisiana.
    [center:1kpalu48]Helpful Links: Pool School | CYA/Chlorine Chart | Pool Calculator[/center:1kpalu48]

7. Back To Top    #7

cdocon,
    I sent you a PM. Glad to see others in Louisiana doing the owner build.

Good Luck,
    Todd
    15x36 Gunite w/Diamond Brite(Bahama Breeze plaster), 3.5-6', Pentair Easytouch Automation panel, Pentair 3HP VS pump, Pentair CNC 420 filter, Pentair 5G color changing light, Polaris 360 cleaner w/booster, Pentair IC-20 SWG
    My pool build
    http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...ales-Louisiana