SWG Newb

Not a big deal, but normally you would use a green wire for ground.

From what I can see it looks like the unions might line up except that the electrical conduit would hit the wall at the back before you could get things aligned. Is that correct? I don't know if it would help enough, but you can get right angle connectors for the flexible electrical conduit to replace the straight connector you currently have on the back of the pump. That would gain you a little over an inch.

jkurl said:
I wish this app would show signatures. You will like the pump. Ours has worked really well for us.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Fyi, If you click the avatar you can see their signature ... although who is going to do that every time?

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short ;)

jblizzle said:
jkurl said:
I wish this app would show signatures. You will like the pump. Ours has worked really well for us.

Fyi, If you click the avatar you can see their signature ... although who is going to do that every time?

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short ;)
Yeah I know I use Tapatalk for quite a few forums. I just forget about doing that at time.

I tossed in the towel. I have a guy coming out tomorrow to see what needs done. They said I'll probably need a new board for the Aqualink too. They are pretty certain they can at least get the pump going for me. The AutoPilot is another story.

Will take pics and report back. :)

Okay... So, I'm finally done. The pool guy that I used was Jay at Parrothead Pool Services and he charged me $237 for all the work he did, which included programming everything. I've used these guys before (Jay, specifically) and they are great.

Here's some pics before:

IMG_20130319_110759_632_zps53304493.jpg

Was advised that this manifold would need to be cut off and elevated to line up with the new pump.

IMG_20130319_110808_903_zps7ec9e790.jpg

This is the temp sensor, which controls the heater. I forgot to take an after pic, but will if there's any interest on where he moved it.

IMG_20130319_110814_405_zps9ba54414.jpg

Here's the new pump before install.

IMG_20130319_110823_846_zps9d0cc1a3.jpg

And this is where Jay suggested we install the AutoPilot. After pic is below.

Here are the after shots:

IMG_20130319_173208_083_zps7f70a5c4.jpg

IMG_20130319_173154_413_zpsdbb30e7f.jpg

IMG_20130319_173142_841_zps8c6d294a.jpg

IMG_20130319_173142_841_zps8c6d294a.jpg

IMG_20130319_173134_712_zpseb6c3686.jpg

IMG_20130319_151247_127_zps42f9fad6.jpg

The pool was 75 degrees yesterday, so I jumped in. Night and day when it comes to swimming experience! I'm pretty happy with all the decisions that were made to this point. I love the adjust-ability of new pump. Although it runs a little quieter than my last Jandy HP Plus, it appears to put out more flow at full bore (they both have the same max RPM specs). I ran it at 1750 RPMs for awhile yesterday, and it was like the thing disappeared. It was nearly dead silent. :) Happy with that.

The SWCG is going to interfere with the spa setup, but I can crank it down to 0% production (the cell) when in-use. We hardly use the heater, so I don't foresee that as an issue. The installer I used stated that with my auto run time for the spa only being 30 minutes, it shouldn't be a big deal.

:cheers:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Jason (and everyone else that helped out, for that matter), thank you very much for the assistance and advice! If any of you are ever in North Houston, look me up! I always keep the "beverage refrigerator" fully stocked for folks like you. :)

Glad to see everything got installed!

One note... the cell is upside down. All you need to do is flip it around. It won't hurt the operation of the system but the cord could get moisture inside with the positioning it is in right now.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.