Valve actuator stopped working

If you can physically move the valve then the problem is in the electronics inside the actuator. If you can work on getting that cover off you might be able to clean the contacts that operate the valve, if not, you will have to replace the valve.

When my valve died all the plastic gearing in it simply broke apart in several chucks so I had to replace it. I would ask (for future use) does you actuator sit out in the open, uncovered environment? If so you might want to consider some sort of home made cover for it (like a bucket).

Bob E.

On my actuator, I can loosen the screw in the center of the lever, push in on it, a and it allows the valve to be operated manually.

Note that some brands of actuators are not easily moveable by hand ... they required you to open them up to disable the cam.

Intermatic and Jandy do allow moving it manually easily as chiefwej describes. Compool and Pentair do not allow easily moving the valve manually and require a more in depth process described in their manual.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.