Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: automated acid feeder

1. Back To Top    #1

automated acid feeder

Has anyone tried to replicate the automated acid addition/tank of the autopilot total control system? I am wondering how hard it would be to add an acid injection system for an IG SWCG pool.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Such controllers are available from several sources. The system would include the acid tank,perstaltic pump to dispense the acid, the pH controller electrode, and the associated control electronics. This equipment is not cheap by any means and will require regular maintenance to keep it running properly. IMHO, it will take you less time to test your pH once a week and add acid as needed. These types of automated systems have been used in commercial pools for many years but remember, they have trained staff who maintain this equipment, sometimes on a daily basis!

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks for the reply. Do you know of any sites that sell these types of systems?

4. Back To Top    #4
    IF you seach google for pool acid feeders you will find a lot of sites.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Warning:
    This thread is about to be hijacked...

TheOne... LOVE your avatar! Speed Racer was my absolutely FAVE cartoon when I was a kid!

Ok... Now returning to our regularly scheduled programming... :innocent:

8000 gallon 20' x 48" round vinyl frame pool, 12" sand filter (don't have the specs on the pump), TF100 test kit
    Handy Links: PoolMath, TF-100 Test Kit, Pool School, CYA-Chlorine Chart
    "Shock" is a process, not a product!

6. Back To Top    #6
    Grace: What a SPECTACULAR sense of humor you have! ROFLMAO!!!
    Eat, Sleep.....SWIM!!!

Hertford, NC
    24 ft rd ag pool

7. Back To Top    #7
    In my previous house I used a peristaltic pump with a 5 gal plastic drum and diluted the acid 4 to 1.
    The pump had a run time adjustment on it. I wired to come on with the filter pump. It took some time
    to get the adjustment correct, but it seemed to work well when I remembered to fill the drum.

Cliff s