Another happy peristaltic pump injector

NoFear95: I am not sure which tubing you are referring to?? The flow rate of the Stenner pump is based on the size tubing in the pump. I selected the 10 gal/day pump, so the tubing size was automatically selected for me to provide that rate. If you mean the external tubing to connect to the chlorine source and pool piping, that was also included in the Stenner package. To which are you referring?

The 3/8" external tubing is for installations using really viscous fluids. The 1/4" tubing is bigger than we'll ever need pumping bleach or acid. Another thing to consider is if the tubing is going to be ran outside in the sun you want to get the black UV tubing. It will last longer in the sun.

NoFear95 said:
Thank you all! Now I'm still debating the size for the chlorine container...15 or a monster 30 gallon?
I was thinking of going smaller like ~ 7 gallons. The stenner tank systems with the pump mount look nice but the pricing for the tank seems very high. Right now I'm leaning toward the home brew bucket in the orginal post due to cost.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Well now I'm thinking of going with the 3 gallon mainly because I think my pool system only allows 15 minute intervals when controlling the relays. If that's the case the 3 gallon/day injection will allow me more flexibility with the dosing of the bleach. ~ 4 oz ever 15 minutes vs 13 oz. Also from a watts perspective the 220v vs the 120v seem to both use 204watts assuming my calculations are correct.

I guess another option is for me to get a variable speed model.

Do some more reading on this. The 3 gallon will have a longer run time that a 10 gallon. Longer run times = lower life expectancy. In addition, the variable speed model is said to be loud (clicking) when running at any less than full throttle.

Anyone know of any issues with wiring the Stenner 220v motor with breaking 1 leg with a timer/relay?? Motor would always have 1 hot leg (and a ground of course) but not run till the other hot is sent to it? I'm almost positive it shouldn't be an issue but figured I would throw it out there....

Sent from my DNA using Tapatalk

Thanks Bama, I will be injecting mine this year at full speed for whatever amount of time that relates to my dosing needs...I have a programmable relay that I'll be wiring into after my pump timer and can set it up from 1 to 100min and on an interval setting so if I run my pump multiple times a day the relay will reset itself each time power is cycled :grin: just tinkering around with a few things.. ..
Thanks again....

Sent from my DNA using Tapatalk

So the "brew barrels" are out of stock on the link earlier in this post, anyone else have a reliable source ?

Also, is there any special venting of the "barrel" required...I guess it MUST need some venting and I guess you don't want "water" getting in?

What is the best way to vent, or am I over thinking!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.