phColorShadeTestAlternative ???

the color shade test is really the best option.

Are you trying to be too exact? If it is pink, you are high. If it is yellows, you are low. If you are orange, you are good.

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short ;)

On my kit, red is high(8.2) pinkish is good and orange is low(6.8) lol (taylor).
Im looking for something similar to the fas-dpd test process, where you count drops till you get clear.

I use the same kit. 7.8 and 8.2 are pretty pink. But 7.5 seems much more orange and usually pretty easy to differentiate.

I have never had mine low, but have read that it looks much more yellow.

There is no test that counts drops like the FAS-DPD. But, there is acid and base demand reagents you can use with the pH test to count to change the pH and then you can back out where you are at.

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short ;)

View it in bright light against a white background (a little away from the tube so that light still shines through) to get consistent results. Even if you view it with different backgrounds, the color of the comparator should change the same as the color of the sample, but if you are looking just for "absolute" colors, then you need a consistent reference and a white background is best for that. People name colors differently where you can see two variations in this post.

Chem Geek,

Nice post/link to another post. :goodpost:
I saw JasonLion's post that you referenced, quite a few months back when I 1st joined, it was an oh so very helpful post due to my horrid, cheapo, Chinese made color block at the time. Not Taylor, who has theirs made in the good old US of A. How AWESOME is that??
Kudos to them! :handshake:

Jason's is still useful, but yours is better for me, which is almost how I have adapted it in my brain anyway. I think more like the way you wrote them out, than like Jason's.
But his was still a life saver, yours just refines it and they're both good, like you said, some people think different. So really we do need both.
You guys should put these in the extended test kit directions sticky, under pH.

Thanks a million!!
I shall keep this link and pass it on to anyone in doubt. It's a life saver, I'm not color dumb, not at all, just precise. :D

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.