BLUE PEARL

Jul 4, 2012
Hi, well we finally got the 15x30 AG pool buried and the deck is almost done. My cousin had a pool that he just got rid of and he is offering his Blue Pearl (3yrs old and looks like in good condition) to me for $100. My question, is this cleaner safe to use with a vinyl AG pool ?

thanks
Elliott

Hi Elliot,

The problem with in-ground pool robots on above ground pools is that as they climb they can damage the walls. Due to the construction techniques of in-ground pools, the walls are safe from the robot as it climbs. If that model has a setting that makes it stay on the floor and not climb the walls, then it would probably be okay. I went to Water Tech's site and from what I can tell you cannot program the Blue Pearl to do floors only. However I would ask your cousin if it is programmable, it should say for sure in the owner's manual.

Tom

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.