Mint Hill, NC
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool Edge-40
I'd like to know more about potassium monopersulfate, MPS. I don't plan on using it but I am curious what the chemistry of it is and how it behaves in a chlorinated pool. I realize liquid chlorine is cheaper and easy to use - and I'm not interested in contrasting them except in the context of understanding how the MPS works and what it does and doesn't do that chlorine does. Oh and I am aware it can be used to reactivate bromine pools chemistry (as can many other oxidizers including chlorine).

I understand that a lot of misinformation exists in the world - particularly where pools and products intersect. However the statements made by this person about MPS are really at odds with what I think I know about MPS:

[youtube:3q27q6us]RY40vgJo6Nc[/youtube:3q27q6us]

My understanding is that MPS doesn't clear up or remove or act upon chloramines at all; as I understand it, it just kills off the kinds of organics that might result in more chloramines in the pool. But I'd like more clarification of the mode of action etc.

If I overlooked a thread - please point me there.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.