Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Waterproof Universal Remote Control

1. Back To Top    #1

Waterproof Universal Remote Control

Does anyone know where I can find a waterproof (or maybe even just water resistant) universal remote control. I'd like to skip songs, etc from my floating pool chair, so a water-resistant remote would be awesome. Full blown water-proof that can float on it's own in the water would be the best.

Anyone know of this? Thank.
    15000 Gal (I think) Gunite In-ground. Cartridge Filter. SWG.

2. Back To Top    #2

Dang - I realized I posted this in the wrong forum.

Mods - can you move to Pool Equipment (or wherever is more appropriate than 'Reviews')? Thanks.
    15000 Gal (I think) Gunite In-ground. Cartridge Filter. SWG.

3. Back To Top    #3
    We borrowed our neighbors 'Foodsaver' machine. You know the one that sucks the air out of a special bag for long term storage of fresh food.
    Been over a year and our stereo remote still works great!
    28,500 Gallon in ground.
    Custom color PebbleTec interior
    SwimClear quad cluster filter (C5020) filter
    Super II Pump (2hp)
    Hayward Navagitor
    Auto pool filler
    2 Sam Lites
    AquaDyne Control Panel
    Epoxy Overlay - Flagstone Deck

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry
    Quote Originally Posted by Wannabe
    We borrowed our neighbors 'Foodsaver' machine. You know the one that sucks the air out of a special bag for long term storage of fresh food.
    Been over a year and our stereo remote still works great!
    Now THAT'S clever!! Very Good!!
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

wow, that is a very good idea. i may head over to the meat market and see if they'll do it for me...
    My Pool - 18x24 fully setup Cabana, 22x48 gunite/quartz plaster (3-5-3 depth) & 8' spa w/ spill and 5' natural rock waterfall; Hayward DE filter/pumps/heater; Hayward Pro Logic controller; Phantom cleaner. Finished 06/01/07.

RedishConstruction.com

6. Back To Top    #6

I would think it would just smash all the buttons down when it sucks the air out...
    My Pool:
    12K gal IG gunite with 7' raised spa, gunite waterfall, PebbleTec Caribbean Blue finish, solar heating & in-floor cleaning system

Equipment: Sta-Rite 300' Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC20 SWCG, Sta-Rite 400k BTU heater, Intelliflow 4x160 main pump & Sta-Rite 3/4 hp waterfall pump, EasyTouch controlls w/ wireless controller, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Nope, you can control the amount of vacuum. I've done the same thing with a digital camera. Worked pretty good if you ignore the bit of distortion introduced by the plastic foodsaver bag.

8. Back To Top    #8

I don't have any direct experience with this product, but you might look into a Balboa Dolphin.

http://www.htguide.com/forum/showthread.php4?t=6672

Titanium
    24,000 gallon inground freeform pool/spa circa 1983 (113 ft perimeter, 625 sq ft) with 350 gallon attached spill-over spa
    2007 2 HP, three-phase Hayward TriStar pump which is powered by an Ikeric VS-200 variable speed drive system
    1983 Laars XE Pool/Spa Heater Type ES 400,000 BTU, 1998 Hayward Super Star-Clear C-4000 cartridge filter (400 sq ft, 4 separate cartridges)
    1998 Polaris 380 pressure-side cleaner w/ 3/4 HP booster pump
    One skimmer :( and one PoolSkim :), One Supervision Galaxy LED pool lamp, Second story solar panels
    Hayward/GoldLine AquaLogic PS4 (replaced 1983 vintage dual circuit Intermatic timer)