4th of July Party!

CJ47XNxUsAAxluu.jpg

your playlist is killer. RJD was one of the best concerts i've ever seen. RIP

Ok I am very angry about photobucket however I am going to use imgur and see if i can get some pics here. Smoke turkey breast is out. Hopefully I can cool my anger with a shock top:cheers:

KKpjRPg.jpg

Ribs still to come

IC5Jd7S.jpg

Brent,

Looks good. Is that a MES 40 smoker? Those make it so darned easy to turn out great smoked meat that they are banned in all the BBQ contests. I've been using one for years and love it. I would highly recommend you add the A-MAZE-N smoker tray to it. It works so well that it ought to be standard equipment in every single MES.

Yes it is a Masterbuilt 40. It has blue tooth so I can control it with my iPhone or iPad

Mine is way too old to have any of that, but I do use a Maverick wireless thermometer when doing multiple meats at the same time. The smoker tray is the best addition you could ever make. It takes what is already easy to the next level. Funny that people who grew up in Texas eating BBQ, have said that I turn out the best brisket they have ever had. I don't think many BBQ joints use prime meat, but still, most of the credit goes to the MES and how darn easy it is to turn out great Q.

Here's my pork tenderloin made from joyfulnoise's recipe Tripled.

1 medium sweet yellow onion sliced thin
sauteed in oil and placed in oversized crock
7 1/2 lbs pork loin
grill master rub (could not find Stubbs)
seared in iron skillet
placed in crock
4 1/2 C root beer
2 bottles Stubbs mesquite
crocked on low 6-7 hours
chopped and returned to sauce

This was amazing!
Smithfield Prime Meat cost about $18 - fed 12 people, many had 2nds, and still have half a crock left. Everyone loved it. Many many compliments!

Thanks Matt.

Attachments

• IMG_3340.jpg
    IMG_3340.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_3341.jpg
    IMG_3341.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_3343.jpg
    IMG_3343.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 170

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Brent,

Looks good. Is that a MES 40 smoker? Those make it so darned easy to turn out great smoked meat that they are banned in all the BBQ contests. I've been using one for years and love it. I would highly recommend you add the A-MAZE-N smoker tray to it. It works so well that it ought to be standard equipment in every single MES.

i have an older Masterbuilt, can you tell me more about this Tray??

Re: A-MAZE-N Smoker Tray

The tray holds wood pellets. Best I've found are Pitmaster's choice from the same supplier, but you can find lots of different wood pellets from various sources. It sets on the two bars that are next to the heating element, bottom right in my box. It can be used in smokers other than MES. The pellets are in rows so that it takes a long time to burn from one end to the other. Instead of using wood chips and smoke level going up and down as the heat cycles, the pellets are a consistent and long lasting source of smoke. You can even smoke foods with out the heat on (smoked cheese anyone), with this tray you could do cold smoking in a cardboard box.

Although some claims are for up to twelve hours of smoke, it doesn't really burn that long. Meats only absorb smoke flavor during the first few hours anyway. No chips in the tray, just leave the tray very slightly open to allow air into the box, also leave the intake vent/chip feeder ajar. Top vent full open. The pellet tray must be lit using a propane torch. Allow to burn for about five min or so, blow out flame, insuring you have a real good glowing "cherry" in the tray and put the tray in place. Just be sure grease doesn't drip in it. Now, consistent smoke, consistent heat, no flair ups, no adding chips every fifteen min. No fooling with the air supply to keep chips smoking without burning up.

Not cheap at about $30, but worth every penny. Check it out online.

Happy smoking.
Bill

Re: A-MAZE-N Smoker Tray

The tray holds wood pellets. Best I've found are Pitmaster's choice from the same supplier, but you can find lots of different wood pellets from various sources. It sets on the two bars that are next to the heating element, bottom right in my box. It can be used in smokers other than MES. The pellets are in rows so that it takes a long time to burn from one end to the other. Instead of using wood chips and smoke level going up and down as the heat cycles, the pellets are a consistent and long lasting source of smoke. You can even smoke foods with out the heat on (smoked cheese anyone), with this tray you could do cold smoking in a cardboard box.

Although some claims are for up to twelve hours of smoke, it doesn't really burn that long. Meats only absorb smoke flavor during the first few hours anyway. No chips in the tray, just leave the tray very slightly open to allow air into the box, also leave the intake vent/chip feeder ajar. Top vent full open. The pellet tray must be lit using a propane torch. Allow to burn for about five min or so, blow out flame, insuring you have a real good glowing "cherry" in the tray and put the tray in place. Just be sure grease doesn't drip in it. Now, consistent smoke, consistent heat, no flair ups, no adding chips every fifteen min. No fooling with the air supply to keep chips smoking without burning up.

Not cheap at about $30, but worth every penny. Check it out online.

Happy smoking.
Bill

Thanks, i checked them out and ordered one. I've had my MES for about 4 years, i cant believe i never stumbled upon there earlier. Leave it to TFP to help me out!! Thanks Happy 4th everyone.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.