Pool has started ....oops, a wee rock !

Tuesday .... more work on the interior base, steel sides were leveled, lights roughed in, and a concrete pad was poured in my shed for the N'gas water heater and filter, etc.

KC

pool_20may08005.jpg

Decided today to add umbrella cups directly into the stamped concrete in these locations ..... a foot or two inboard of the pools edge .... providing shade for pool dwellers and loungers alike ..... won't have 8 umbrella's, just a few i can move around.

KC

pool_20may08009_umbrellas.jpg

.... live WEB Cam of the stamped concrete pour ...

8:00PM and their still working on it !!!

pool_27may08016.jpg

10:00PM .... quiting time!

pool_27may08020a.jpg

What are you using for "cups" to receive the umbrellas. I'm gonna do the same thing with my new pool. Pools looking good but man are you gonna have some cleaning to do :cry: My last pool seemed to take forever because with each step we kept getting the pool filthy. I would get it to sprakle then someone would come along and muck it up :rant:

Poolidiot said:
Coming along nicely, looks like they should have covered the pool :shock:

That would have been nice but i don't think it was possible ..... the stamped and colored concrete has to be wet when the powder color is thrown on ..... and it was right up to pool edge. Unfortunately it was a high wind day as well, so it went everywhere. You then wash this powder off the next day, as they did today ..... the pool water is really brown now. I am not too worried though as i expect the pool company to deal with it. The concrete guy is one of their recommended contractors.

pool_28may08001.jpg

Looking good! It will be awesome once the water is cleared up.

The link you posted won't work for anyone outside of your local (in-house) network. The 192.168.x.x address space is reserved for private networks and can't be resolved across the internet. :(

whoozer said:
What are you using for "cups" to receive the umbrellas. I'm gonna do the same thing with my new pool. Pools looking good but man are you gonna have some cleaning to do :cry: My last pool seemed to take forever because with each step we kept getting the pool filthy. I would get it to sprakle then someone would come along and muck it up :rant:

I only considered the idea about a week ago after cruising through this Forum and another ....... a few have had them built in but most just rely on the usual circular Iron base. I did not have enough time to scare up some of the purpose built sockets ..... so i used these narrow profile metal ladder/handrail sockets..... bought 9 and had 8 inserted last night during the pour.

The 9th is to have in my hands so that i can develop a sleeve adapter that works on your typical 1-1/4" umbrella diameter ( the rail sockets are a 2" diameter). The bottom of the socket has a hole, so if the umbrella comes to a point, it is self centered at the bottom. The black sleeve adapter is a straight purchase from a plumbing store - almost tight enough on itself but not quite. This way will be labor intensive but at least i will have a socket that will accept larger poles later on for some other use like a volleyball net or small table etc.

I did find a link in this forum on a plastic sleeve i believe was for a 1-1/4" pole .... i would have ordered them if i had 2 or three weeks to spare.

KC

pool_28may08003.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 8
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    200.2 KB · Views: 8

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
HarryH3 said:
Looking good! It will be awesome once the water is cleared up.

The link you posted won't work for anyone outside of your local (in-house) network. The 192.168.x.x address space is reserved for private networks and can't be resolved across the internet. :(

Crud .... i forgot about that ...... sub in ................ (deleted)

KC

.... oops a wee rock

Sorry but it looks as though my provider has switched my IP address as of last night or this morning .... the former IP was 12-18 months old i think. Must have had a few hits and my provider doesn't like anything that ties up bandwidth .... i believe they want a commercial rate for external hits over a certain number.

KC

Here's the latest from this past weekend .... added a few solar lights, focused on rocks, for the evening hours.

pool_15jun011.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.