Getting ready to drain & refill...what do I need to know?

Re: Getting ready to drain & refill...what do I need to know

azkevman said:
jblizzle said:
You CH is a little low. TA is not really something you need to worry about, it will come down as you adjust pH down.
So, do I need to lower pH? I was under the impression 7.6 was a good range for pH...

I'd leave it alone for now - but typically it will drift up. This is more of an issue with a bleach or SWG pool than a Trichlor/Dichlor pool because these other types of chlorine contain CYA which is acidic. Also while your TA is high the PH will drift up more quickly than otherwise.

azkevman said:
jblizzle said:
You need to boost the FC high enough that it does not drop below the minimum by the next time you test and adjust.
OK, so basically I will need to get a feel for what my average daily FC consumption is, then add that to the min to get my dosing target...correct? Until I see what that daily average is, I am going to assume a daily loss of 3ppm to be safe. Does that logic seem ok?

Yes - I tested daily while getting a feel for it.

OK, thanks. I am going to focus on FC the next couple days and make sure I have that in control. Then I will start focusing on the others...

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Happy to report that I passed the OCLT last night! I was a little worried since a pretty big dust storm blew in about 10pm. But my FC level remained steady at 8.0 ppm overnight from about 9:30pm to 6:30am! My pH was starting to creep up this a.m. to near 8.0ppm, and since I need to work my TA down, I picked up some acid and dumped in the amount the poolcalculator said to lower to 7.2ppm. I'll let it creep back up through swimming, etc. and lower again to continue slowly bringing down the TA.
Just need to find the most economical way to get my CH up, as it looks like I need to add about 20lb of Calcium Chloride.

Here is my latest test results as of a few mins ago:

FC: 5.5
CC: 0
pH: 7.3
TA: 110
CH: 140

Feeling good about where I'm at at this point, and looking forward to fine tuning things a bit more. A huge thanks to everyone so far!!

Here's a pic of how my TFP pool is looking today
46b0536c-1f12-3b70.jpg

Happy you passed the OCLT and the CC test? But are you sure you passed the clear water test?

Water still looks a bit hazy to me in the picture ... may just need some more filter time to get it crystal clear and sparkling.

jblizzle said:
Happy you passed the OCLT and the CC test? But are you sure you passed the clear water test?

Water still looks a bit hazy to me in the picture ... may just need some more filter time to get it crystal clear and sparkling.

EDIT: See below. My post not relevant now.

I wonder if the angle is bad. I can make out the diamond patterns all over the pool but they are hard to see in the reflections.

Took the picture not long after brushing all the dust towards the drain from the storm last night...so the water clouded up a little. Water was very clear prior to brushing....gotta love the dessert summer dust storms.
My in-floor system needs some repairs, so I am manually brushing vacuuming as needed.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.