Gre ABG pool, can I dish the botem out?

Jul 17, 2012
Hello,

I live in Portugal and want to put an ABG pool inground but here I can only get pools from Gre,
It is the oval 23ftx12ft with 4ft hight but I want more swimming hight and my question is can I get more hight by dishing the bottom out with the original liner of the pool?
Here you can see a video of the pool being set up:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOq8u_K_Zms
The liner is an 40mil liner but dont know if this will stretch to 5ft or 5.5ft hight.

Our oval pool has straps under the pool going from one side to the other to help brace it since it is an oval shape. Liners typically are very difficult to reuse. You would have to do a quick job of take down and set up as the liner dries out and shrinks. It is hard to line up the skimmer and return where they need to be as well.

As far as getting a deeper end it would depend upon the straps (if any under your pool) and how you plan on setting it up. Original liner won't work I wouldn't think, but I am a newbie so others will chime in.

I watched the video and I don't think this type of oval can have a deep end. The main reason is the straps that run under the pool to provide structural support for the buttresses which keep the sides where they need to be. If you can find a manufacturer that supports a deep end you will need an expandable liner which will mold itself to the contour of the pool/deepend as the water rises.

Good luck

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.