Polaris 380 ties itself into a know within an hour

rdhetrick said:
Do you have line floats and a swivel installed? If it is getting into a knot, I would think the floats are not keeping the line on the water surface enough.

It has worked well for many years.Just got into knotting this year. Do I need to change the position of the floats or get new swivels?

7cycleman

Probably both. The house should be level and not sag anywhere. New swivels are cheap online. When you twist the swivel manually it should not feel gritty. Also you may need to adjust the directional thrust and check the float for water inside while you are at it. Just guessing on those last two, for I dont know why the direction would need to be different than before.

check the position of the float behind the backup valve. the closer the float is the high the pool cleaner will lift when backing up. if you move the float back about 18 - 24" and when it backs up it will drag the cleaner along the pool floor. this will help with the tangling up. also check the rpm's of the cleaner, you can download a manual from the zodiac web site which tells you how to do it. also check the hose length, it should be within about 6" of the longest point of the pool from the wall fitting.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.