temp outside was 105 to 114 during visit
pool was enjoyable, sometimes too warm late in the day

number look good except hardness
have a tf 100 test kit
just learning, appreciate comments
new pictures in the future
thanks in advance
dirfrmr

So is "cl" = FC and "tc" = TC? The TF100 measures FC and then CC, so is the "tc" you reported the sum?

If so, you have a VERY high CC number which indicates a need to go through the shock process. I am surprised the pool did not smell and hurt your eyes if that number is correct.

The CYA is slightly low for a SWG, especially in the AZ sun.

And the CH, if correct, is VERY high. To not have a chance of developing scale, you will need to keep a close eye on the pH and TA numbers.

FYI, the only way to lower CH is through water replacement or a reverse osmosis service.

When doing the CH test, did the sample turn purple? If it did, that is called a floating end point, and can result in higher than actual results.

If CH really is that high, it is time for either water replacement or a reverse osmosis treatment to bring the CH level down.

Also, there are two chlorine tests in the TF100. Which one did you use for each of your two chlorine test results? The OTO test, drops turn the sample some shade of yellow, measures TC from 0 to 5. The FAS-DPD test, powder turns the sample pink and drops turn it clear again, measures FC and CC from 0 to 50 is steps of 0.5.

Ah yes ... I think Jason got it.
You likely got the 4ppm from the OTO test and the FC of 12ppm from the FAS-DPD test and did not test for CC (or it was zero). Is that right?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.