Need help with advice for a new pump

Jul 2, 2012
I need help! I recently bought a house with a pool (the specs are in my signature), my first pool. Through the help of TFP I realized the pump had a leak. When I took the pump apart, I found bigger problems and am now wanting to replace the pump. The problem is that I have no idea what I am doing. I have read through the “Pump Basics” and “Hydraulics 101”, most of which is over my head. Also, I was never able to know what the pressure was in my system, since there has been a leak the whole time, and from my understanding I need know the pressure in order to calculate the head loss.

The pump that was in was a Hayward Super Pump 1hp (SP2607x10). If possible, I would like to look for a two-speed pump to save on energy costs. Can anyone give me any suggestions, or at least point me in the right direction? I do not have any waterfalls or anything else. There is a booster pump as well, but I don’t think I am planning on using it.

What other information is needed in helping determining a good pump for my situation? Thank you so very much for any help you can offer!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.