48 or 60?

Apr 25, 2015
Pasadena, CA
Ive had my pool (and house) for 2 years now, and always thought my Hayward Pro Grid DE filter size was 48 sq ft. When we had the pool equipment inspected before purchasing by a local pool company, he told me that was the size of the filter. He said it wasnt marked on the label as it should be, but he knew just from looking at it. I even have it in writing on the report. For some reason when i took the filter apart last weekend for cleaning i decided to measure one of the grids. They are 30" tall exactly from bottom to top of the rectangular portion. Not including the round part in the middle that connects to manifold. When i started looking on Amazon for replacements, all the ones i saw that were 30" indicated they were for a 60 sq ft filter. So now I'm thinking i was given the wrong info on my filter. Its not that big of a deal, except that ive been using the wrong amount of DE to replenish it. Can anyone confirm the size for me?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.