Finally under construction in Midlothian, TX

imrodee said:
Two CUTIES, techguy!!! :)

The main reason I do lots of things in my life. My family is very important to me and we do almost everything together. That being said, I did drop her and friend off for a week at Girl Scout camp. They got on the bus 8:30 this morning. They should be finishing up the swimming test at camp. It says it's 88F at camp (at 3000 feet elevation). It's only 97F here now, our elevation is about 30 feet here.

it's full :) took about 24hrs with 2 hoses most of the time.

Now i have 3 high school kids on pins and needles waiting for the startup guy to show up sometime today.

DSC05491-vi.jpg

this was the result after 14hrs of filling up
DSC05496-vi.jpg

DSC05497-vi.jpg

9am this morning and it's done
DSC05504-vi.jpg

water looks pretty clear, can't wait to start filtering it
DSC05505-vi.jpg

DSC05510-vi.jpg

got my 1st leaf :lol: no idea where that came from

DSC05511-vi.jpg

now the real fun starts

OMG!!!!!! I LOVE IT!!! Seriously, that is an awesome pool.

9:00 AM and you have a shaded pool. That's a great way to start off your pool in the mornings, it should help keep the temp down a bit. Our tanning ledge is shaded until about 2:pm. I may have to change the name of that ledge to "dog ledge" or something...

YEAH!!!!!!

It does look amazing, I still love the tile choice. Even though I am not getting a spa, I am going to show my PB that rolled edge, that is the most awesome thing I have seen on an attached spa.

Did you get to seal the flagstone yet? I can't remember if you were going to.

I agree on the rolled edge - it's pretty awesome looking! The whole pool is.

imrodee said:
Did you get to seal the flagstone yet? I can't remember if you were going to.

I agree on the rolled edge - it's pretty awesome looking! The whole pool is.

thanks a bunch, we love it too

We haven’t sealed the stone yet, the startup guy will be doing this when we switch over to salt in about 2 weeks.

They actually just left and said besides brushing 2x a day we don’t need to do a thing because they will be back several times a week to keep an eye on everything until we switch on the swcg and he gives us the pool school demo.

Our home is positioned so that mornings are always real nice and cool in the backyard till about noon then the backyard gets full sunlight until dusk, we didn't plan this out but we love it.

Go ahead and test it and do so daily. You can look up the National Plaster Council start up card as a guide but your plasterer may have their own procedure. When do you have pool school through your PB?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
thanks Arvven, we love it too. I just can’t wait until some of the details are complete over the next few weeks.

Blaine, our pool school will happen in about 2 weeks when they switch me over to salt.

I have the recommended numbers from the PebbleTec website so I might give it a shot tomorrow. To be honest I’m just a little worried I’ll obsess over the numbers since I’m not supposed to add anything until the startup guy hands me the reins in a few weeks.

I agree the website looks very different in close up enhanced mode, but I’m trying my best not to obsess over the color right now because I know it’s going to change slightly over the next few weeks as I keep brushing it according to everything I have been reading online from others install experience with pebbletec.

When I googled pebbletec install process online to confirm myself why they let my plaster set overnight before acid washing and filling I ran across several threads on another forum including one with midnight blue and the “dry” photos looked just like mine from what I can tell.

Here is the thread I’m referring to if you’re curious http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/pools/msg0413435531323.html

I’ve also seen the pebbletec midnight blue in person on my brothers pool and it looks the same or very close imo from what we can best remember but I might drive over there this weekend for a double check :lol:

As far as the TX heat is concerned with a dark color, that was one of the things my brother complained about the most with his pool. Since I knew that beforehand, I'm having a heatpump with the optional "chiller" installed in a few weeks.

I’m really curious to see how well it actually works myself.

imrodee said:
Karmann - did your PB put this in? http://www.mcgrayel.com/startuptec.html

I'm not sure what's in it as far as chemicals go.. But the plaster crew dumped 1 1/2 bottles in my pool before they left for the day. That's all I know about that.

Have you turned on your lights yet?

I honestly have no idea how they started my pool up, my PB used a company called A+ Reliable Pools to do my startup and service my pool until we switch to salt. All I know is two really tan guys showed up messed with stuff for about an hour and explained that my pumps will run full time for at least 10days and all I needed to do until they show up Monday to check on me is swim and brush and brush and brush some more

the LED lights look awesome btw

:party:

Mike ordered out patio furniture. YEAH!!! We already have 2 of those zero gravity lounge chairs, they are niceeeee!

How's that brush working out?

The brush is working out great but I have nothing to really compare it to. I can tell you though after brushing the pool 3 or 4 times I have developed some muscles I didn’t know I had haha

The startup guy commented on the king fin and said those are great but pulling it in can be a workout and he wasn’t kidding

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.