intex pool first year on SWG, GREEN POOL! HELP!

frogabog said:
The pool itself is safe up to mustard shock level. I'd keep adding same as you have been today. If the reagent will be there tomorrow, it's unlikely you'll dose past mustard shock level in one day.

Frog,

only the last two tests have ran the same of having to put in 18 ozs. ive been keeping a journal. the test before the last two i had 17.5. I also have not added any salt and the SWG is still turned off

Half an ounce isn't going to make or break much of anything. I'd just stick with 18oz for simplicity sake. My point was that if you keep up the same or similar dosages/times today it's unlikely that you'll overdose the pool. Mustard algae shock level is significantly higher than normal shock level, yet still safe for your pool. You have room to err on the side of caution today.

If you run out of reagent completely, you can try diluting the OTO (yellow chlorine) test to check, but at 20ppm you'd have to dilute it by 3 parts and the accuracy of such a dilution is suspect.

frogabog said:
Half an ounce isn't going to make or break much of anything. I'd just stick with 18oz for simplicity sake. My point was that if you keep up the same or similar dosages/times today it's unlikely that you'll overdose the pool. Mustard algae shock level is significantly higher than normal shock level, yet still safe for your pool. You have room to err on the side of caution today.

If you run out of reagent completely, you can try diluting the OTO (yellow chlorine) test to check, but at 20ppm you'd have to dilute it by 3 parts and the accuracy of such a dilution is suspect.

thank you this is what we are doing now...but im not good at chemistry and the last part you said makes no sense to me lol

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Google "image hosting" and a number of free hosting sites will show. Then, you can insert the image url here (use image tags, in full editor) from whichever image host you chose. It doesn't matter which one, as long as you can get a url.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.