So much for waiting 2 years to update - 24 ft Matrix install

Re: So much for waiting 2 years to update

GreatCanadian said:
Don't know where you are on this but the radius of a 24' pool is 452. Not 108. I think you squared your pi, instead of your radius.

Thanks for the catch, just called and got an extra yard just in case

Re: So much for waiting 2 years to update

Well the good news is everything but the liner arrived day, the bad news is 2 of the base plates have broken tabs on them so I'm waiting to hear back from PSW on getting replacements sent

Re: So much for waiting 2 years to update - 24 ft Matrix ins

95 degree temps and laying pavers - only positive in this is I get to learn how to use a new tool, a transit.

Last night we layed out the circle and staked everything so nothing moves on us. It should be some kind of law that everyone installing a pool have a backup pool already setup to cool off in. We jumped in the intex with a few beers last night after we were done:)

Pavers - Day 1, Part 2

So, um, yeah - found out today that heat index temps of 105 and math does not work in my head when I'm baking like a potato. The wife and I confused ourselves so many times on trying to map elevations and making sure that the pavers were all level. After spending about 4 hours of looking at the numbers we had taken I decided to ditch the transit and go with what I know works, my 4 foot and torpedo levels. The wife was nice enough to return the transit so we don't have to pay for a second day on the rental and I got more done in the next 3 hours than I did all day long. I got 3 pavers completely done and 2 more than are mostly done, I'm counting them as 1 :) for a grand total of four pavers in one day.

While you can't see it in the picture that level is perfectly bubble :)
8f8555bf.jpg

I'm going to bed, LOL

This is my pool site. Hubby bought the house on his own and he was not thinking pool! Heck, he didn't even know me when he bought it but I want one so I have to work hard for this pool to work and be safe in the same breath! All this dirt will be moved to the low end and compacted. At the bottom is a powerline and a right away that needs to be avoided at all cost. I am planning on a 21ft above ground pool from pool supply world. I do not want to start building until the site is settled (I plan on building on undisturbed ground and not the built up portion). I can't do anything until I have the retaining blocks here on site. I don't want to flirt with that hill side at all without the blocks! :shock:

The garage is 24ft long.

The low end looking up the hillside. :shock: Just glad I'm not digging it! :mrgreen:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Casey,

That grade is insane!!! You should be able to walk off the hill into the water though :lol:

Today was supposed to be day 2 on pavers and it quickly turned into the heat kicking my butt. Once again temps above 100, I was able to work for about 10-15 minutes at a time before I had to run back into the shade. Got a grand total of 2 pavers installed today :shock: , way too hot. To add to the fun we had a freakish storm roll through last night around 9pm with 85 mph winds that knocked power out for 18 hours.

Way too hot to work and thanks to the lack of electricity my beer is warm :evil:

tick221 said:
Casey,

That grade is insane!!! You should be able to walk off the hill into the water though :lol:

I know it is! My neighbor has a pool hanging on a cliff! :shock: I'll take pics of that monster tomorrow! I tried so hard to convince myself that I have enough room for a 24fter but I don't. The yard, from garage to property line is like 28ft or something and I need a deck... preferably one that wraps the pool to make it easier to sweep. The smallest I'm willing to go is 21ft round. I'm looking at the 54" wall. :mrgreen:

One nice thing this hill offers is this insane view.

Oh and you my friend need a cooler and ice! Forget the power outages! You'll still have cold beer! Stay cool!

Well pavers are in and I think I'm within 1/4th of an inch of level all the way around, and that I can live with. Doing final clean up, little more grading, and measuring to get it as close to perfect as I can. Walls won't go up until next weekend though, we have had way to many bad storms over the past week and I don't want to take the risk on the walls getting damaged.

Night 2 of final grading and I'm about 70% done. I have soooo many rocks it's not even funny, I'm getting to the point where I think I'm going more harm to the site by trying to get it 100% level. What I mean by this is the harder I try to get it level the more rock I run into and the more holes I have to worry about settling issues. Plus the center of the site is compressed sandstone and rock that is near impossible to level without attacking it with the shovel. The good news is my outer ring is very flat and nice and level for the cove and track.

So tonight I thought I would introduce you to some of my ANTI-helpers
30fc87f7.jpg

c190136f.jpg

74eb74cb.jpg

Everything but the largest were removed by hand. I love the views but I really hate digging in the mountains.

Casey said:
tick221 said:
Casey,

I know it is! My neighbor has a pool hanging on a cliff! :shock: I'll take pics of that monster tomorrow! I tried so hard to convince myself that I have enough room for a 24fter but I don't. The yard, from garage to property line is like 28ft or something and I need a deck... preferably one that wraps the pool to make it easier to sweep. The smallest I'm willing to go is 21ft round. I'm looking at the 54" wall. :mrgreen:

One nice thing this hill offers is this insane view.

Oh and you my friend need a cooler and ice! Forget the power outages! You'll still have cold beer! Stay cool!

Are you near Pittsburgh? I am in central PA.

Glock said:
Dump a yard or two of sand, tamp it level and be done.

That's the plan, I'll have a good couple inches around the edge of the ring but probably closer to an inch in the middle at places. I'd rather have it thin on hard ground than deal with divot's down the road.

To right you are. Mine is still filling. 33 hours and still going full blast. I have had too many beers to care about it now though. lol. Will continue with it tomorrow. :p

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.