Bleach usage?

Aug 4, 2011
Just curious if the amount of bleach i'm having to add is reasonable?? my cya is 50 so i'm trying to keep fc at 6. yesterday morning fc was 5.5. There were 7-8 kids in it for a few hours and the cover was open all day. this morning fc was 1.5. Does this seem like a reasonable amount to use? it seems like i have been adding about 180 oz per day.

180 oz in a 22k gallon pool is 3.9ppm per day. That usage is on the high side of normal ... more typical in the 2-3ppm range.

Having a large drop after high use is normal ... especially if any of the kids add the P to your OOL ;)

At CYA of 50ppm, you NEVER want the FC to drop below 4ppm. You should be targeting higher if you are dropping 4ppm between tests. And it never hurts to bump up the FC just prior to high usage.

You can always do the OCLT to see if anything is living in the pool ... recommended since clearly your FC has dropped below the minimum.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.