Posting question for a friend

Jul 16, 2010
Newark, DE
A friend of mine recently switched his inground pool over to (Salt Water) at the end of last season. The pool is a 19,500 gallon Sand filter/Salt set up. He has not purchased the (FAS-DPD) test kit as of yet and has to rely on his pool store for the water analysis. I would help but, I live too far away to run the tests for him. After switching over to his salt set up, he's had nothing but problems keeping his numbers/water in the correct zone thanks to his local pool store and has recently noticed a slight green tint to the water. The pool store keeps selling him shock and phosphate products without any improvements.

FC=1
PH=7.6
TA=90
CH=250
CYA=10
Salt=2900

From these pool store readings he gave me I informed him that he needed to add 130 0z. of (stablizer/conditioner) to bring his CYA level up to 60 and his shock level needs to be at 24 ppm assuming he has algae. I don't have a clue unless I'm there to check the water for him.

If anyone on here has similar issues with (Salt Water) set ups could you please help give him some hints on what to do.

Forget that it's a SWG system.

He needs to take CYA up to 30, then perform the shock process using bleach. Trying to use the SWG will just burn it out. Once he's done, the SWG can go back on. And then he can raise the CYA up to 60.

Without the test kit, the shock process is going to be difficult, wasteful, and time consuming.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.