Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Can I add the ph control option to my Autopilot?

1. Back To Top    #1

Can I add the ph control option to my Autopilot?

I purchased and install my AutoPilot Digi 200 last year. Is there a place where I can purchase the PH controller/ acid tack/pump portion to get the complete setup?

My looking online only provides buying the whole thing at once.

thanks,
    15,500 gal, inground gunite pool with 7 ft spa, 2 speed pump 2hp/.33hp, 3/4 hp booster pump, Intermatic P1353 timer, AutoPilot SC-48, Sand filter with ZeoBest, Heater, that I never use . . .

2. Back To Top    #2
    The parts are available separately if you look hard enough, for example here, but the main unit in the Total Control system is not quite the same as the main unit of the Digital Model. Last I heard, the Digital unit won't interface with the chemistry controller, so there is no add-on upgrade path. You can use the manifold and cell with either system.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Hi
    Sorry, but as of now you must have a 75003 controller to use the Total Control. Though it looks the same, they are two different units. Jasonlion is correct in that you can use the cell and manifold

4. Back To Top    #4

My understanding is that you cannot update to the Total Control system. However, you can accomplish the same task by adding a CAT controller.

You can check them out at www.catcontrollers.com CAT Controllers: Paul – office # 800-657-2287. You will receive a good synopsis from Paul.

I have talked with him many times, he is very helpful.
    58,800 gal gunite INDOOR pool w/ spa
    automatic cover
    Jandy "stuff" - pumps, cartridge filter, aqua link
    CAT Controller 4000
    Stenner 30 gal (bleach) and 15 gal (acid)
    Puck chlorinator and Nature 2- gone
    Hi-Z Heater - natural gas

5. Back To Top    #5

We also have the pleasure of having a new member on board, AndrewCAT, who works for CAT controls.
    Sean Assam - Sean@teamhorner.com
    National Accounts and Commercial Products Manager
    AquaCal Heat Pumps www.aquacal.com
    AutoPilot Salt Chlorine Generators www.autopilot.com