Replacement Pump

May 15, 2012
Newtown, CT
I currently have a Jandy Max HP 1.0 (MHPM1.0) that I am having troubles with and would like to replace. This model was discontinued and replaced by a Jandy Plus HP 1.0 (PHPM1.0). I am considering getting a two speed but would like to know whether it is worth it and which Jandy model to get. The Jandy Plus HP has a full rated 1HP in a two speed or a 1.5HP that is up rated. Which do I choose? My current pump is up rated. Also, will I be able to swap the old on out with the two speed without any wiring modifications or do I need someone to install it.

Thanks.

Welcome to TFP.

The 1 hp full rated and the 1½ hp uprated pumps are the same pumps.

You'll have to change the wiring to get the 2-speeds to work for you. It requires 4 wires and a switch to operate both speeds. Depending on how your pump is wired now as to how much of a change is required.

Not sure. I just assumed I could have replaced it with a like model myself since the pool company pulls it out and puts it in the basement. I'll have to find someone to install the two speed with the switch. I only have two skimmers and no spa or waterfall, so I figure the lower speed would be fine unless I had to vacuum the pool. I don't have to do that too often because of the Polaris.

Thanks for the advice.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.