Pool To deep

Apr 11, 2012
We finally shot the gunite Friday, but I see we misjudged how deep a 4'-6-4.5' would be. We should have want with 3.5 on the shallow ends. I know I can't do anything about the center as the drains are built in now but my question is can we add add gunite to the existing sides to raise up and will I have cracking or patching issues in the future?

Stupid question

Since I am my own GC for our pool, wondering who usually removes the framing boards after the gunite has been shot and how long during the curing process do they remain?

Thanks

I wouldnt mess with the depth if you dont have too. I remember after my pool was shot, everyone that came to my house thought my deep end looked 15' deep. And it did look much deeper than 8'....but in the end it came out perfect. I think the pool will always "look" deeper with just the gunite shell. Once the waterline tile and coping are installed it will start to look more accurate. Remember the actual water line is well below the lip of the gunite.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.