Doughboy Wall 16x32

Jun 28, 2011
Setting up my first pool which I found on Craig's list. the previous owner cut the wall along the joining strip, during the disassembly. I feel I did a decent job recreating the factory bends I even used a strip of welding wire to create a wedge. Has anyone attempted this type of wall repair and had success or failure? I am about to the point of installing the liner and hoping for a little feed back to either help me sleep at night or keep me awake.

Thanks

I assume you had too shorten the wall to do this? Depending how much play you have in the top and bottom rails, this may be a little tougher to fit. Thinking back to my pool (round), I think I would have been able to deal with a little shorter wall but not much more than 1" without some other modifications. On mine it seems like you could shorten (cut) a section of top and bottom rails to accommodate, but I do not know if you could make the ledge work...I think I could on mine.

I would be interested on a picture of your re-creation...that joint has quite a lot of stress on it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.