16x32 steel wall build in Arkansas

Mar 19, 2015
Ward, AR
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
We're building a 16x32 rectangle pool w 8' hopper we got from Royal as a kit. We're working on digging the hopper. It has been complicated by our high water table which we are working on getting under control.

We are digging below the finished depth of the hopper and placing some drainage pipe which will be plumbed into our pump as though a main drain to help with heavy rainfall. For now, we are putting in an electrical sump pump to keep the water out until we put in the final flooring. We've also got at lease a 2" gravel base under the walls and on the horizontal areas of the floor.

Our question right now is how to dig the hopper. I'm not understanding the hopper depth. My understanding of the Royal instructions say to dig the hopper anywhere from 96" to 100.5" depending on your interpretation of 3 different statements.
So is it 96" + an additional 2" for the Portland/sand base which would be 98" depth from the top of the pool wall? Or 96+2+2.5 (the 2.5 for the coping)? I guess the big question is is the how is the liner cut?

IMG-5316 hosted at ImgBB

did you go with 42" or 48" walls? Lenny is correct the coping will dictate as well, because cantilever coping will make your deck essentially even with your pool walls, whereas something like bullnose will give you the 2-2.5" you referenced. Can you post your dig sheet for your pool? You should also consider the water depth. Your water level will be about 6 inches below the top of your pool wall factoring in your skimmers, so in your example of 98" from the top of the pool wall will give you about 90" of water depth or 7'6".

I guess the big question is is the how is the liner cut?
It should be per your dig sheet or you may have an additional liner diagram or at least a liner dimensions sheet. Do you have a liner diagram or dimension sheet? Should be posted on the outside of the liner box and they may also have sent you a digital copy.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.