Hello from Arizona!

May 29, 2012
Hello TFP!

Been around the boards for a few weeks now, figured time to register and introduce myself! Live in the west valley in Phoenix AZ. Have a roughly 13.5k gallon inground pool with pebbletec that was already in the backyard when we purchased this house. We're currently using chlorine pucks with cartridge filters. We plan this fall to convert to sand with a SWG. Wife worked at a pool store for many years so i've been lucky she's been here to keep the pool well balanced. I'm a do-it-yourselfer so the conversion will be a project i'll complete this fall.

Look forward to contributing and learning where i can!

Welcome neighbor!!!

Why do I have an image in my head of you arguing with your wife about the "correct" way to care for the pool :shock:

Posted with Tapatalk ... sorry if I sound short ... hate typing on phone :)

Thanks all!

Shane1 said:
Why are you switching from cartridge filters to sand?

Wife prefers sand. She grew up on it. I'll be honest I get tired of opening the housing, taking the filters out, hosing them off, etc, etc. I'm attracted to the idea of backwashing it then back in the pool. Probably end up with a Triton II. :party:

Probably end up with a Triton II.
I have that filter. It has been trouble free for 8 years and I have often posted pics of my crystal clear 7' of water but just love being redundant![attachment=0:2dqzqd5f]DSC00049.JPG[/attachment:2dqzqd5f]

Attachments

• DSC00049.JPG
    DSC00049.JPG
    171.2 KB · Views: 51
duraleigh said:
I have that filter. It has been trouble free for 8 years and I have often posted pics of my crystal clear 7' of water but just love being redundant

My father in-law has had that filter for many many years as well. I would say 15+ years at this point. Everything I read points to the Triton II was one of the best and most reliable.

Got a barracuda MX-8 on it's way to replace my hayward that I'm tired of repairing yearly. :whoot: