what is this???

Cole

May 3, 2011
Berea. KY
i have just opened my AG pool about 4 days ago and is as clear and clean as can be, i have put in algaecide but it has this orange pinkish stuff thats like 120 grit sandpaper growing on my walls, i try to brush the walls but the brush isn't rough enough to take it off so i have to get in the pool and rub my feet and hands on it to take it off. what i am wandering is this some type of algae that the shocking and algaecide can't get rid of or what. ill try to get some pics uploaded tomorrow. BTW all of my levels are in range.

Algae is soft and slimy. Something that feels like sandpaper is much more likely to be calcium scale. However, I've never hear of calcium scale being orange.

It would help a great deal if you would post a complete set of water test results. We can tell far more with actual numbers than if you just say "in range".

BTW all of my levels are in range.
Well, that gets posted on the forum quite a bit but if you have something growing in your pool, you have inadequate chlorine.

Can you post test results for FC, CC, CH, pH, TA and CYA those are really the results we need to figure out how to proceed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.