No pink color after adding R-870? All numbers 0? Problem?

Maria

LifeTime Supporter
May 22, 2007
West Chester, PA
This is my first year since using BBB opening without it being a green swamp, so I've never opened with a mostly clear pool. I haven't started the mechanics of opening yet, but reached under the cover and took a water sample from arm's length depth.
Test Results:
FC 0
CC 0
TC 0
pH 8.2
T/A 110
CH 350
CYA 15
Temp 65

When I added the R-870, the water didn't turn pink. Is this good news? I ordered all new reagents from TFKtestkits this spring, so I don't think that's a problem. I've never opened without having to shock, is this the case?

I had problems with scaling last year so I just added a quart of stain and scale preventive (Keetrol Plus, also added one quart at closing last year) and started circulation with a submersible pump. Should I add a floater with a tab in front of the input hose? I have some from vacation last year.

Also, my first step is going to be to add acid, then go from there for CYA and further balancing.
thanks, as always!

Re: No pink color after adding R-870? All numbers 0? Proble

Those zeroes mean no chlorine. No pink, no chlorine.

With pump running, first lower pH to 7.4ish. Then add CYA and chlorine.

After you add chlorine, you can then test FC/CC.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.