2 speed WhisperFlo pool pump makes noise - video

Fleur

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 26, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
While reading forums I came across this topic Whisperflow pump making NEW STRANGE LOUD noise!
X-PertPool suggested that it sounds like bearings.

One of our 2 speed WhisperFlo pumps also makes a very loud noise
Video is here.

Is it possible that we have the same problem with bearing? We had this noise from the day we bought the house, so for 9 months the pump was working while making these strange sounds. Maybe it got a little bit worse lately, but I’m not 100% sure.
Is it bad to let the pump run while it is making this noise? We had 2 different pool companies who performed monthly service + one guy from Leslie’s – no one said anything regarding this noise.

Thanks!

It's most likely bearings and sometimes they can run a very long time making noise before they fail completely. While it doesn't do the pump any good to run that way, it probably won't tear something up completely even if it fails and stalls the motor. I'd have it looked at as soon as I could but it's not a dire emergency.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.