Total Pool Newb

Feb 26, 2012
So we just purchased a home today with a pool. We are total pool newbies and just found out that we have a wireless Goldine controller.

A few of the buttons are labeled, could someone give me a heads up of what some of these do:
-Filter Pump
-Heater 1
-Blower
-Low speed
-Cleaner

This pool has a spa, so i'm guessing the "heater 1" is for the spa and not the entire pool?

Thanks for the help

It would all be speculation without some pictures of the pool equipment to see what valves are available and actuated.

Nice that you have an automation setup ... BUT being totally new to pools, that adds an additional level of complexity for you to figure out.

Add some pictures and details of all your equipment and start reading through Pool School above if you have not already.

If I had to guess (and we can see how close I get after more details are available):
Filter Pump = turns on your main pump and filter (might be setup to rotate between pool/spa/spillover or something like that)
Heater 1 = turns on the heater (might be setup to automatically switch to spa mode as well)
Blower = turns on a blower to inject air into spa
Low speed = force main pump to low speed???
Cleaner = switch valves for a cleaner? (is it a suction of pressure side cleaner)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.