4’ shallow end preformed steps - do they exist?

wpturner05

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 30, 2015
Reading PA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
I am looking to have wedding cake steps put into the corner of my pool under the new liner that I am putting in. The pool company told me that they ‘discovered’ that my shallow end was not typical when they arrived this past week. My shallow end is 4’ which is clearly marked on the CAD drawing that I sent them - which included measuremts. They had ordered preformed corner cake steps for a 3’ shallow end. Their solution is to build a ‘cove’ on the final step which would make the final step into the shallow end 16” .... which is awkward and uncomfortable as the rise of every other step is 11”. I am trying to figure out if I am able to push back and get the preformed steps for a 4’ shallow end - do they exist?

Their mistake = their problem to fix the RIGHT way!!! They had the plans they got lazy and did not search. That big of a step is NOT good. Someone will end up getting hurt OR if you are hurt it will almost be impossible for you to use.

So 4’ preformed steps do exist? I am fairly certain they exist on the Lantham website but I had trouble navigating that site. The 3’ preformed are from there

When I asked to change our shallow end from 3' to 4' (per the rec here), my PB said we couldn't because of our stairs (11' Roman fiberglass walk in steps). Whether that's true, or it was just more work on his end that he didn't want to do, I don't know. LOL!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.