I live in Southern New England and use my above-ground pool from early May until the first week in October. That being said, I am the only one using the pool in May, early June, and September. My wife and kids will not get in if it is too cold.
All other heating choices are out of the question do to availability, access, price, or other limitation.
I meet all the criteria for using a solar heater. I have the space and the sun shines on my yard all day.
What I want to know is this:
1. Are solar heaters reliable?
2. Do they perform as advertised?
3. Are they durable? If a baseball or football lands on it, will it break?
4. Do I need as many panels as they claim? For my pool Fafco says I need 3, 4x20 panels. Can I use just 2?
5. Any additional information is welcome from experienced users.
Please do not give me any information about solar blankets. I understand about these already.