Another Balance Question

dustd

Feb 24, 2011
I just received my TF-100 and got the results of my first test. New pool owner and have a SWG that was completed in June of this year. I'm located in the Dallas Texas area.
Results:
FC - 9.0
CC - 0
PH - 7.8 (I add about a gallon of muratic every 10 days since pool was built, have never seen it below 7.4 yet).
T/A - 140
CH - I messed this test up but I believe it to be on the high side (according to my strip test). I need to redo.
CYA - 60

My main concern is my high chlorine. I believe it's been this high for a while. I have all new Jandy equipment and run my Aquapure at around 60%. My variable pump runs at middle RPM range (1750 rpm) around 13 hours per day. 2 hours it runs higher for cleaner.

Does my process sound reasonable and should I be concerned about high chlorine? Now that it's cooler I was going to reduce my pump to around 10-11 hours per day. My water looks very clear and clean from day one.

Thanks

No need to worry about your FC level. For a CYA of 60, the shock level is 24. As long as your below 24 you're in good shape (safe to swim). You can adjust the percentage on your SWCG down to maintain a FC closer to 4ppm. According the the chlorine/CYA chart in pool school, you want to keep your FC above 3ppm for a SWCG pool with a CYA of 60.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.