Pool's done! Now what? LOL

swanny297 said:
If it is a matrix (looks like the pool I just installed) you may want to review the warranty - I was in a similar situation, my installer told me any dirt markings 16in above the wall cold void the warranty. When I had my deck built I had a few extra 4x4's put in on the grade side of the pool to ease the erosion. My installer has been doing these resin matrix pools for a while - he has never had issues with warranty, but he strongly recommends not adding more than 16" - 12" if you can of back fill around the pool. You can see my pool progress here and-so-it-begins-end-so-it-ends-first-stage-t37782.html --- In the picture where you can see the start of the deck frame (under the pump picture), almost every 4 foot where I could put a 4x4 to intersect with a 2x6 frame that was right in front of my grade I did, cost a little more, but in the event of a lot of erosion I can access under my deck and secure boards to these to create a retaining wall, also added extra brace support to the front of the deck. I also laid sand bags along the edge (about 1ft off the edge) of the grade under the deck to help divert water around the pool - this was much cheaper than a retaining wall, and a full french drain system.

Thanks for pointing that out. You are correct - the pool is a Matrix 24 ft. In order for me to review my warranty in detail, I'd have to get the CD back out and I'm too lazy to do that. :) However, this is how I look at it. Any corrosion or rust will likely not happen for five or so years, unless there is already a problem with the wall. In five years, the prorated warranty coverage on the wall doesn't help much when you consider the cost of having the deck removed (or partially removed), pool disassembled, reassembled and liner replaced. So after five years, it's going to be cheaper or about the same for me to just buy a whole new pool anyway. I'm betting that corrosion will be the least of my worries. I do appreciate you bringing that up though.

My concern was with structural integrity of the pool but the more pictures of installs that I see online, the less that I'm worried about it. Over the last couple of days, I've seen these things buried completely in the ground. Good idea? Maybe - maybe not. Depends on the pool, type of soil, luck of the draw, phase of the moon, whatever. I think you've got some good ideas going on there with your build, and I hope that it works for you. Me - I've decided to just back fill it. I completely understand that I'm taking a chance and will void, what ends up being in most cases, a useless warranty by Wilbur Manufacturing. After the second or third year, at the end of the day it's almost as cheap to just go ahead and replace the whole pool. I'm going up to 25" on less than 1/3 of the pool. Over 2/3 will be completely exposed. I've decided not to worry about it :) Thanks for sharing your build - almost the same grade as mine, but not quite as bad.

I agree with you - I reviewed the warranty last night - Only other suggestion I would give you is to wait until your deck posts are installed around your pool in your grade area before you backfill - what little back fill I did under the deck, I was asked to do after the deck posts were put in the ground so they had solid ground to dig the post holes and pour concrete, versus loose backfill. Looks good, ours has been up for about a week

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.