Need help with vacuum hose

Jun 8, 2011
I recently got a new pool vac with a hose instead of the vacuum that came with it using the water hose. I'm having trouble though, i've gone through the directions several times and i'm not missing anything. Everything is hooked up where it should be, but what I do think my problem is, is filling the hose with water.

I connected the one end of the hose to the vacuum head and put it in the pull, then had the other end to the diverter to fill it up with water. It just won't fill completely. The hose is only 26 feet long, so I don't see how it could take 15mins+ to fill. It doesn't really make much sense to me because wouldn't the water that I'm putting in the hose just run out of the other end that's already in the pool?

I've checked and checked for holes in the hose and have found none. It will fill up some, just not all the way. Any tips on what to do?

When I use the hose you could try this if you have someone that can help you. Pull the vacuum head out of the pool connected to the vac. Put the hose in one end and turn it on. When the water starts to come out of the other end put it in the water and continue to put water in it. Then put it under the pool water face up until the bubble stop and then attach it. See if that works. Sometimes when you connect it you have to give it time to start to get suction again. Also you can try to hold the hose up higher and see what happens. If none of this works not sure where to lead you.

mynewpool said:
When I use the hose you could try this if you have someone that can help you. Pull the vacuum head out of the pool connected to the vac. Put the hose in one end and turn it on. When the water starts to come out of the other end put it in the water and continue to put water in it. Then put it under the pool water face up until the bubble stop and then attach it. See if that works. Sometimes when you connect it you have to give it time to start to get suction again. Also you can try to hold the hose up higher and see what happens. If none of this works not sure where to lead you.

i will try that tomorrow.

and my pool is a summer escapes metal frame 42" x 15'

the vacuum head is Hydro Tools 8130 Weighted Butterfly Pool Vacuum Head with 26' aqua chem hose.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.