dedicated suction line blowing water

Jun 27, 2011
I just found a Polaris Raptor stored away from the previous owners of our house. I have a 50,000 gallon vinyl lined inground pool with two skimmers and a dedicated suction line. There is separate booster pump as well, which I have been told was to be used with the suction line when using an automatic pool cleaner. The place on the line where the pool cleaner should connect though seems to be blowing water instead of suctioning, and when I put the booster pump on, it blows water more forcefully. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks in advance for any help :-D

Dawn

Oh, wow...I guess you can tell I know almost NOTHING when it comes to pools, lol :shock:

So do you know if the Raptor is supposed to be used with pressure line like I have, or do I need to go buy something different to hook up?

Dawn

Hm. Could have looked that up beforehand, huh? :oops:

Either way, you do have a pressure line, not a dedicated cleaner suction line. You can use the Raptor by plugging it into the skimmer, or you could get a pressure-side polaris (280, 380, etc).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.